About me

Dear Professor Blackstone,

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Weng Yew and I graduated from Temasek Polytechnic with a diploma in mechatronics. I ended up joining SIT through an initiative offered by Temasek Polytechnic called the Integrated Work Study Degree Programme (IWSD) where instead of doing my third year in Polytechnic, I joined the first-year students in the Manufacturing Design and Mechanical Engineering students before serving my mandatory National Service. 

From a young age, I had a fascination with understanding how things worked, constantly disassembling toys to quench my curiosity. Fast forward to the present day, I chose to pursue engineering as it helps me better understand my hobby - fishing. The knowledge that I acquired throughout my engineering journey has helped me better understand design principles implemented in fishing equipment. In the future, I aspire to be able to apply my knowledge in the fishing industry, specifically in product design or the manufacturing of goods. 

one of my notable strengths lies in my work ethic. I excel as a team player and collaborate effectively with others, thanks to my communication skills. I can express ideas clearly, actively listen, and provide constructive feedback to tackle tasks efficiently. 

I acknowledge that my notable weakness is perfectionism. Although I am dedicated to delivering high-quality work, my tendency to be overly critical sometimes hinders effective communication. I find that I might spend too much time revising and perfecting tasks, hindering my ability to meet tight datelines. 

My goal from this module would be to improve my formal email communication skills as I believe that it is a crucial skill to master and would be fruitful in my future endeavors. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and I look forward to fruitful discussions throughout the course. 

Sincerely, 
Weng Yew  



Comments

  1. Hi Weng Yew, it is a very detailed and precise introduction of yourself! I love the part where you mentioned about how the interest of engineering starts at a very young age and it nurture and grows over the years. I also liked the part where you mention about how you are using the knowledge you learned from engineering and applied to your hobby.
    Hope to hear more from you during the course, Have a wonderful journey ahead of you.
    regards,
    JiaJun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Weng Yew,

    Thanks for sharing your insightful introduction and allowing us to get to know you a little better. I can strongly relate to your fascination with how things work, and admire that you have a passion for fishing and already know which field you wish to pursue a career in.

    One thing I would like to mention is that you left out your communication strengths and weaknesses in your introduction. Other than that, I felt your introduction was both informative and concise.

    After reading this email and getting to know you a little better, I look forward to interacting and working with you in this module.

    Warmest regards,
    Ee Chong



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ee Chong, thank you for your feedback, have appended the areas mentioned. - 28/1/24

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Weng Yew, for this detailed letter. In it you effectively address areas related to the key elements of the prompt, though you focus on your work ethic and perfectionism, which are technically not comm skills, and you only share one module goal. Each of these can be tied to comm skills with an added sentence of more precise focus.

    Still, it's interesting for us to find out something about you and your unique learning journey and your evolving interests. At the same time, you shine light on your character.

    I appreciate the effort and look forward to learning more from you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Weng Yew,

    After reading your introductory letter, I sense that you are a very diligent and hardworking person. Especially now knowing the fact that you're in your third year of your Mechatronics Diploma course. It is no easy feat to be in a class where most of us have already completed our Diploma and have a substantial head start as compared to you. Hats off to you Weng Yew!

    This letter was well written and shows me that you have great letter writing skills. However, nothing is perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Instead of writing down your communication strengths and weaknesses, you listed down your general strengths and weaknesses. That, in future, could be improved. However, other than that, this letter is well written.

    I look forward to meeting you in future classes the following week. Cheers!

    Regards,
    Javid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Arm summary draft 1.

Task 3